How to dismantle or change variator, clutch, belt, rollers on TMAX 500-530
How to improve and increase the performance and acceleration of your TMAX 500-530? First of all, you must equip yourself with Easyboost tools, which are essential to dismantle the variator (CVT) of your TMAX. This will allow you to easily change the rollers, torque drive, belt, torque spring and clutch.
CONTENT OF THE TOOLING PACKAGE
- A spanner to disassemble the nut of the torque drive
- A multipurpose spanner to remove the clutch nut, the torque drive nut and the variator nut
- A compression turntable to remove the torque spring on the torque drive
- All the necessary nuts and screws
- An explanatory note
DISASSEMBLY THE VARIATOR
Place 4 screws and 4 nuts M8 on the multi-purpose wrench. This configuration allows the variator to be locked to loosen the nut that holds it. For reassembly, tighten the nut to a torque of 160 Nm.
DISASSEMBLY THE CLUTCH
Place 2 screws and 4 nuts M6 on the multi-purpose wrench. This configuration allows the clutch to be locked to loosen the nut that holds it. For reassembly, tighten the nut to a torque of 65 Nm.
DISASSEMBLY THE TORQUE DRIVE
Place 2 screws and 4 nuts M6 on the multi-purpose wrench. This configuration allows the corrector to be locked to loosen the nut that holds it. Use the wrench to remove the torque regulator nut, while positioning the plate as shown in the picture below. For reassembly, tighten the nut to a torque of 90 Nm.
DISASSEMBLY THE TORQUE SPRING
1. Loosen the nut that holds the cup on the spring by about 1/4 turn. To do this, use the multi-purpose wrench to hold the torque drive and the hexagonal wrench to loosen the nut.
2. Position the plate and shaft as shown in the diagrams below to apply pressure to the spring cup to hold it in place. CAUTION, this cup being in stop, the spring will not compress. Now the nut must be able to be unscrewed by hand. Then simply unscrew the nut from the axle to gradually release the spring.
To reassemble, reverse the steps described above.
For more details, we invite you to watch the YouTube tutorial video made by one of our customers :